There are no products matching the selection.
Good water quality is just as important (if not more so) to fish as proper air filtration is to humans. In their unique ecosystem that is dominated by H20, fish not only breathe water, but eat and eliminate in it as well. Therefore, a good aquarium filter serves as the underwater equivalent to a combination of both air conditioner and indoor plumbing. In other words, it effectively keeps the environment fresh and breathable as well as odor-free and devoid of waste.
The Rolf C. Hagen Corporation offers a wide selection of aquarium filter units, all of which feature multiple stages of filtration. Likewise, Hagen, Inc. also offers a variety of different forms of filter media, including foam filter pads, carbon media, ammonia remover, & biological ceramic media. An aquarium hobbyist can pick and choose which media types would be most ideal for their own aquarium, as well as the arrangement of media inside the filter. There are 4 main series of aquarium filters that Hagen carries:
Traditional Hang-on-Back Power Filters
- Unique Design prevents water from bypassing, maximizing filtration and output by up to 7x that of other comparable filters
- The AquaClear models accommodate any combination of filter media
- The unique design of the Fluval C-Series models makes media replacement easy for new aquarists
- Designed for aquariums with lots of fish and/or higher volume
- Typically resides underneath the aquarium, with only the intake/output hosing visible
- Accommodates any combination of filter media
Underwater (Internal) Filters
- Compact & stream-lined design that is completely submersible
- Often used for semi-aquatic habitats where the tank is only partially filled with water
- Can also be used as supplement filtration for larger aquariums, & can supply additional water circulation